New Graduate Student Registration

All new graduate students must start with the Foundations in Applied Behavior Analysis course (EDF 6225).

How to Register

If you are a new degree-seeking student:

To pursue a Masters degree with BCBA coursework, submit a graduate application for the Master's in Exceptional Student Education program. Then choose the Applied Behavior Analysis specialization.

Graduate Application

If you are a new non-degree seeking student:

First, apply to UWF as a Non-Degree Seeking graduate student. Use the link below to apply as a Masters level student for the semester that you plan to enroll (Spring, Summer, or Fall).  Make sure to select "Pursue a Certificate Program" and then "Graduate BCBA Certificate Online."
Follow these  ABA Non-Degree Graduate Application Steps or watch this step-by-step video.

Non-Degree Seeking Graduate Application

1. Follow the Start Your Non-Degree Seeking Graduate Application at link above.
2. Create an account and then sign in.
3. Select "Complete a Graduate Non-Degree Application"
4. Select "Masters" as your level.
5. Select your desired term for when you wish to begin classes.
6. Fill out all personal information on the first two pages.
7. On the Academic Intent Page:
— Select "Pursue a Certificate Program" and then "Graduate BCBA Certificate Online." (We no longer offer Graduate BCaBA except for special circumstances. Please contact our office if you have any questions.)
— Waive the immunization requirement as an online student.
— Verify entry semester. 
8. Finish the last few pages and submit.
9. Allow 24-48 hours for the application to process and check your e-mail for additional instructions on how to access MyUWF and clear the required holds.

It usually takes at least 24 hours for that application to process. Once it has processed, you will be sent a UWF ID# from Admissions. Once you have your UWF ID, you can log in to the myUWF portal and complete the remaining tasks:

  1. Follow the instructions to remove the financial responsibility hold.
  2. To remove immunization hold, you will need your UWF ID. Immunization records are required of all students, but you have the option to decline or exempt yourself from the immunizations since you will be an online student.
  3. Email to request a permission code to register for your first course. Refer to the Graduate Course Schedule for Course Reference Numbers (CRNs). 

Transfer Students, Returning Students, and Undergraduates

  • If you have credits from another ABA program, please see our Transfer Student Instructions.
  • If you have previously completed some ABA coursework at UWF and need to resume your course sequence, please see our Returning Student Instructions.
  • Undergraduate Students: Please contact our office at as additional eligibility requirements must be met to enroll for graduate courses. Otherwise, you are welcome to enroll in our

We encourage you to please reach out to our office at or (850) 474-2704 with questions at any time.