Cybersecurity for the New Normal
Covid-19 has introduced new routines like working or learning from home, so it’s important to make sure that you stay cyber aware and secure in your home office, school. During these times and even beyond, we are committed to helping our students, alumni, partners, and community enhance their cyber awareness for our evolving, remote world. This will include training events, tips from our faculty and staff experts, online learning resources, and how to engage through our other programs.
Navigating Through Cybersecurity In The Business World
Getting hacked can destroy customer trust and cost companies millions of dollars in legal fees, investigations, damage control, and lost income.
Regardless of industry, protection from these attacks must be a top priority. Too many companies underestimate this threat or simply don't know how to protect themselves until it's too late.
As a first step towards helping veteran-owned small businesses understand this risk, the UWF Center for Cybersecurity and the Military & Veterans Resource Center hosted a free workshop on cybersecurity preparedness.
Recorded: June 24, 2020
Does Your Cyber Hygiene Need a Brush-Up?
Just like changing your toothbrush for optimal personal hygiene, your cyber hygiene also needs a refresh. For example, when’s the last time you changed your password for your home WiFi? …Uh-o, did we get your attention? ... Well, some good news!
We hosted a free education session that provided best practices for cyber hygiene; and, more importantly, a cyber safe home office and/or home school. The panel included cybersecurity professionals (who are also moms, dads, teachers, and working professionals working remote) from the Center who lead the discussion and shared everyday tips they are using right now in their homes which you can also implement immediately.
Recorded: May 6, 2020
CyberAware Tip - Passwords
By now you have head many times over to change your passwords often as well as to not use the same password for multiple accounts. But do you know why? This excerpt from our "Does Your Cyber Hygiene Need a Brush-up?" webinar explains why these parameters are not optional in today's world.
Click this link to view the full webinar.
- Dr. Tirthankar Ghosh, Associate Director of the UWF Center for Cybersecurity: Personal Blog
- CyberFlorida: COVID-19 Cybersecurity Advisory Center
- National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE): Free and Low-Cost Online Cybersecurity Learning Content
- National Security Agency Central Security Service: Selecting and Safely Using Collaboration Services for Telework
- National Security Agency: Telework Best Practices (Dos & Don'ts)
- Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA): Home Network Security Tips
- Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA): Cyber Essentials Toolkits
Connect With Us
- Contact us for specialized training, sign up for our newsletter, or learn more about the Center using this form.