Center for Cybersecurity
The UWF Center for Cybersecurity is the regional hub for cybersecurity education and research, including multidisciplinary programs and certificates, research opportunities, outreach activities, and industry partnerships.
UWF has been designated as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education by the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security.
UWF is the NSA/DHS Center of Academic Excellence Regional Resource Center for Southeast
As the NSA/DHS Cybersecurity CAE Regional Resource Center for the Southeast, UWF provides leadership to advance cyber defense education among colleges and universities in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Puerto Rico and South Carolina.
Cybersecurity For All® Program Nationally Recognized
The Center's Cybersecurity for All® program has been recognized among the 2020 Innovations in Cybersecurity Education by National CyberWatch Center. The program's faculty team is pictured to the right. To learn more, read the National CyberWatch Center press release.
Cybersecurity for All®, is an innovative program to enhance readiness for evolving cybersecurity work roles and address the critical shortage of cybersecurity professionals. Organizations that would like to learn more about how the program can be customized to meet their workforce needs can contact the center at 850.474.3076 or email@example.com.
Additional information can also be found on the Cyber For All page.
Navigating Through Cybersecurity In The Business World Webinar Recording Available
The recording of our most recent webinar that we co-hosted with The Military and Veterans Resource Center University of West Florida is now available. "Navigating Through Cybersecurity In The Business World" features an expert panel that focuses on cybersecurity preparedness for small businesses.
View the video on our CyberAware page.
Adjunct Teaching Opportunities
The Center for Cybersecurity at the University of West Florida would like to identify professionals with teaching, training, industry and/or research experience who are interested in adjunct teaching opportunities that may arise. If you are interested in an adjunct teaching opportunity with the Center, please complete the application form and submit a PDF copy of your resume. The Center will notify you of any adjunct teaching opportunities that arise related to your area(s) of expertise. Please contact the Center for Cybersecurity at 850-474-2816 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Cyber Hygiene Webinar Recording Available
As part of our CyberAware initiative, we recently hosted a free education session, "Does Your Cyber Hygiene Need A Brush-Up?", to provide best practices for online safety for the "New Normal". A recording of this event is now available for viewing on our CyberAware page.
NSF Cybercorps® Scholarship For Service / UWF Argo Cyber Emerging Scholars (ACES)
The CyberCorps® Scholarship for Service (SFS) program aims to recruit and train the next generation of highly skilled cybersecurity professionals to meet the evolving cybersecurity mission for federal, state, local, and tribal governments. The Argo Cyber Emerging Scholars (ACES) program will establish a cybersecurity community of practice to grow and sustain a superior cybersecurity workforce through scholarships, professional development, high-impact learning practices, hands-on cybersecurity skills development, transfer pathways, and community and employer partnerships. Visit the Argo Cyber Emerging Scholars page to learn more.
In The News
- July 16, 2020| National Cyberwatch Center| Yahoo! Finance| PRWeb|
- National CyberWatch Center Announces Winners for 2020 Innovations in Cybersecurity Education Program
- July 15, 2020| UWF Newsroom| PNJ| Security Magazine| GeekWire| Spot On Florida| National Cyber News Today| NorthEscambia.com
- UWF partners with Escambia County elections staff to enhance cybersecurity preparations
- June 25, 2020| Florida Trend Magazine
- In Florida and nationwide, cyber-security jobs are waiting to be filled
- April 17, 2020| WEAR-TV
- UWF professor discusses Apple, Google's contact tracing plan to help combat COVID-19
- February 13, 2020| Authority Magazine| Thrive Global
- Inspirational Women in STEM and Tech: “It is a myth that you need to strive for perfection in order to progress” with Dr. Eman El-Sheikh of the University of West Florida
- February 4, 2020| WEAR-TV
- Locals weigh in after app delays Iowa caucus results
- January 31, 2020| Pensacola Magazine
- Fighting Hackers and Criminals: New Strides in UWF Cybersecurity Program (page 59)
- January 21, 2020| UWF Newsroom| PNJ| Security Magazine
- UWF awarded prestigious grant to prepare the next generation of cybersecurity professionals