Honors Convocation Award Winners - 2018
Adjunct Faculty Excellence Awards
- Dale Castellucci, Art, College of Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities
- Stephanie Alexander, Teacher Education and Educational Leadership, College of Education and Professional Studies
- Melissa Bolen, Mathematics and Statistics, Hal Marcus College of Science and Engineering
- Tonya Nascimento, Psychology, Usha Kundu, MD College of Health
Delta Sigma Pi Scholarship Key
- Jalia Bannamon, General Business, B.S.B.A.
Distinguished Faculty Service Award
- Ramie Gougeon, Anthropology, College of Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities
Faculty Excellence in Teaching or Advising Awards
- Katie Cavnar, Medical Laboratory Sciences, Usha Kundu, MD College of Health
- Darren Bernal, Psychology, Usha Kundu, MD College of Health
- Cody Lorton, Mathematics and Statistics, Hal Marcus College of Science and Engineering
- Carla Thompson, Research and Advanced Studies, College of Education and Professional Studies
- Charles Penrod, Legal Studies, Public Administration, and Sport Management, College of Education and Professional Studies
Faculty Excellence in Undergraduate Research Mentoring Award
Early Career Award
- Peter Memiah, Public Health, Usha Kundu, MD College of Health
- Alexis Janosik, Biology, Hal Marcus College of Science and Engineering
Outstanding Master's Thesis Award
Christopher A. Thrasher, History
"Surviving Spanish Conquest: Yucatec Maya Social and Cultural Persistence"
Thesis Advisor: Dr. Erin W. Stone
Outstanding Undergraduate Student Awards
College of Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities
- Daniel H. Anderson, Political Science, B.A.
- Jordan M. Anderson, English, B.A.
- Hyeon S. Baek, Philosophy, B.A.
- Benjamin I. Bailey, Music Theatre, B.F.A.
- Elizabeth Blanco Saenz, Theatre, B.A.
- Lisa Bradley, Anthropology, B.A.
- Alexandra B. Brown, History, B.A.
- Megan M. Brown, Music Education, B.M.E.
- Kianna P. Cutts, Communication, B.A.
- Kyle L. Hayes, International Studies, B.A.
- Sarah Huckaby, Art, B.A.
- Anna C. Kellner, Maritime Studies, B.A.
- Dylan J. Nadsady, Art, B.F.A.
- Ramel N. Price, Music, B.M.
- Summer Welch, Political Science Pre-Law, B.A.
College of Business
- Jalia B. Bannamon, General Business, B.S.B.A.
- Trista Blouin, Comprehensive Marketing, B.S.B.A.
- Alexandria P. Coyne, Management, B.S.B.A
- Sheila N. Deir, Global Hospitality and Tourism, B.S.
- Sarah E. Lee, Comprehensive Economics, B.S.B.A.
- Christian B. Palenske, Management Information Systems, B.S.B.A.
- Shane M. Parent, Finance, B.S.B.A.
- Mark A. Reid, Supply Chain Logistics Management, B.S.B.A.
- Andrew G. Turner, Professional Accountancy, B.S.B.A.
College of Educational and Professional Studies
- Amanda Anderson, Career and Technical Education, Workforce and Program Development, B.S.
- Carson J. Foster, Army ROTC
- Ekin Gencturk, Engineering Technology, Building Construction, B.S.
- Zachary A. Johnson, Legal Studies, B.A.
- Jessica Keel, Criminal Justice, B.A.
- Christian B. Palenske, Air Force ROTC
- Madeline E. Pitt, Exceptional Student Education, B.A.
- Kendall B. Robarge, Elementary Education, B.A.
- Eric Vidrine, Sport Management, B.S.
- Ashley Williams, Interdisciplinary Social Sciences, Children and Society, B.A.
Hal Marcus College of Science and Engineering
- Asma M. Al-Selwadi, Electrical Engineering, B.S.E.E.
- Roderick A. Bennett, Information Technology, B.S.
- Derek Brauneis, Mechanical Engineering, B.S.M.E.
- Kaleen Brown, General Biology, B.S.
- Robert J. Herman, Computer Engineering, B.S.C.E.
- Justin Kralick, Mathematics, B.S.
- Ryan Lashley, Physics, B.S.
- Anthony J. Lehman, Computing and Information Sciences, B.S.
- Shannon A. Nelson, Environmental Science, Natural Science, B.S.
- Thomas Rozelle, Chemistry, B.S.
- Caitlin Schultz, Marine Biology, B.S.
- Courtney Swain, Biomedical/Pre-Professional, B.S.
Usha Kundu, MD College of Health
- Jarrett, T. Beal, Exercise Science, B.S.
- Hiyerina Castellanos, Nursing, R.N./B.S.N.
- Nathalie A. Charlitte, Health Sciences, B.S.
- Abigail E. Coalson, Healthcare Administration, B.S.
- Catherine L. Crowley, Athletic Training, B.S.
- Andrew J. Finkelstein, Nursing, B.S.N.
- Skye Kaff, Public Health, B.S.
- Daniel Kneeland, Health Promotion, B.S.
- John W. McClendon III, Psychology B.A.
- Lindsey Roberts, Clinical Laboratory Sciences, B.S.
- Jordan W. Segers, Physical Education/Teacher Education, B.S.
- Lani M. Smith, Fitness and Conditioning, B.S.
- Sonia B. Yanovsky, Psychology, B.S.
Kugelman Honors Program
- Hannah C. Mizell, Interdiscinplinary Humanities, Arts Administration, B.A.
President's Award for Leadership in Diversity
- Basil Kuloba, Computer Science, B.S.
- Susan Walch, Psychology, Usha Kundu, MD College of Health
Richard and Sandra Berg Scholar Athlete Awards
- Celine Coleman, Biomedical Sciences, B.S. - Swimming and Diving
- Christopher Schwarz, Finance, B.S.B.A. - Football
Student Government Association Distinguished Teaching Awards
- Richard Fountain, Accounting and Finance, College of Business
- Meagan McNamee, Mathematics and Statistics, Hal Marcus College of Science and Engineering
- Jasara Norton, English, College of Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities
- Charles Penrod, Legal Stuides, Public Administration, and Sport Management, College of Education and Professional Studies
- Carolyn Pritchett, Psychology, Usha Kundu, MD College of Health