Honors Convocation Award Winners - 2015
Adjunct Faculty Excellence Awards
- Judy Bennington-Dykes, English and World Languages, College of Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities
- Valencia Davis, Applied Science, Technology and Administration, College of Education and Professional Studies
- David Miller, Management and MIS, College of Business
- Dustin Mink, Computer Science, College of Science, Engineering and Health
Dean's Honor Roll
Please refer to the 2015 Honors Convocation Program (beginning on page 13) for a complete listing of names.
Delta Sigma Pi Scholarship Key
- Jessica Reid, Professional Accountancy, B.S.B.A.
Distinguished Faculty Research & Creative Activities Awards
- Steven Kass, Psychology, College of Science, Engineering and Health
- Kevin Krieger, Accounting and Finance, College of Business
Distinguished Faculty Service Award
- Thomas Gilbar, Electrical and Computer Engineering, College of Science, Engineering and Health
Faculty Excellence in Teaching or Advising Awards
- Andreas Fuchs, Electrical and Computer Engineering, College of Science, Engineering and Health
- Kathrine Johnson, Criminal Justice, College of Education and Professional Studies
- Erica Jordan, Psychology, College of Science, Engineering and Health
- Kevin Krieger, Accounting and Finance, College Business
- Enid Sisskin, Public Health, Clinical and Health Sciences, College of Science, Engineering and Health
- Trudi Gaines, Teacher Education and Educational Leadership, College of Education and Professional Studies
Hal Crosby Leadership Award
- Jini Lynn Curry, Chemistry/Biochemistry, B.S.
John C. Pace Scholars for 2014-2015
- Melissa N. Coombs
- Rachel Jamison
- Abbie Kellett
- Anthony Noll
- Melissa Pisarski
- Brianna Vandale
Million Dollar Research Hall of Fame
- Richard Harper, Office of Economic Development and Engagement
- Glenn Rohrer, Social Work, College of Education and Professional Studies
Outstanding Master's Thesis Awards
Christopher Scott Satterwhite, History
"That Magic Moment When All the Stars Were Aligned: New Left Activism and the Pensacola Underground Press"
Thesis Advisor: Dr. Amy Mitchell-Cook
Bryan David Davis, Biology
"Taxonomic and Metabolic Characterization of Bacteria Isolated From Gulf of Mexico Sediments Affected by the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill"
Thesis Advisor: Dr. Joe Lepo
Nicole Rae Bucchino, Anthropology
"Talking Smack: The Archaeology and History of Pensacola's Red Snapper Fishing Industry"
Thesis Advisor: Dr. Della Scott-Ireton
Outstanding Undergraduate Student Awards
College of Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities
- Eric Wayne Bencivenga, Maritime Studies, B.A.
- Hunter M. Brown, English-Writing, B.A.
- Tyler R. Bryant, International Studies, B.A.
- Sabrina Elizabeth Cummings, Anthropology, B.A.
- Jessica L. Farrell, Political Science/Pre-Law, B.A.
- Annastasia Fiala-Gapp, Musical Theatre, B.F.A.
- Patricia Izbicki, Music Performance, B.M.
- Kay A. Jackson, History, B.A.
- Stefini M. B. Pilgrim, Studio Art, B.A.
- James Clay Simpson, Philosophy, B.A.
- Christina M. Swift, Music Education, B.M.E.
- Rachel A. Wright, Graphic Design, B.F.A.
- Hannah Johnson Yager, Communication Arts, B.A.
College of Business
- Bryanna R. Andrews, Comprehensive Marketing, B.S.B.A.
- Kelvin H. Blackwell, Accounting, B.S.B.A.
- Tara J. Calhoun, Management Information Systems, B.S.B.A.
- Hannah R. Magee, General Business, B.S.B.A.
- Carlos Henrique Pinto DeMoura, Global Economics, B.S.B.A.
- Deven J. Smith, Management, B.S.B.A.
- Karleienny D. Medina Sojo, Finance, B.S.B.A.
College of Educational and Professional Studies
- Jacob M. Adams, Hospitality, Recreation and Resort Management, B.S.
- Yuri A. Armstrong, Army ROTC
- Katelynn B. Barger, Criminal Justice, B.A.
- Walker A. Blankinship, Networking and Telecommunication Technologies, B.S.
- Markeisha Brooks, Social Work, B.S.W.
- Rachel K. Dovin, Interdisciplinary Social Sciences, Children and Society, B.A.
- Lindsay Michelle Gaddis, Elementary Education/ESOL/Reading, B.A.
- Justine K. Hanson, Engineeriong Technology / Building Construction, B.S.
- Nathan A. Joiner, Air Force ROTC
- Kristen L. Ledbetter, Legal Studies, B.A.
- Brock A. Mayfield, Exceptional Student Education/ESOL, B.A.
- Dustin Ray Nelson, Exceptional Student/Elementary Education/ESOL/Reading, B.A.
- Danielle A. Rodriguez, Sport Management, B.S.
- Sheila M. Savage, Workforce and Professional Studies, B.S.
- Audrey J. Voigt, ISS Teaching and Learning, B.A.
College of Science, Engineering and Health
- Lauren F. Barnes, Chemistry, B.S.
- Chelsea B. Blum, Health Care Administration, B.S.
- Claire A. Caillouet, Exercise Science, B.S.
- Jaymie Marissa Druding, Nursing, B.S.N.
- Dustine A. Emerson, Environmental Science, B.S.
- Stephen A. Halsey, Athletic Training, B.S.
- Kaitlyn Rita Latourelle, Electrical Engineering, B.S.
- Nicole Marie Latourelle, Electrical Engineering, B.S.
- Michael D. LeBrun, Community Health Education, B.S.
- Joyce Little, Oceanography, B.S.
- Connor M. Lutz, Information Technology, B.S.
- Laurel E. Manor, Marine Biology, B.S.
- Shanna C. Muehe, Physics, B.S.
- T'Kara L. Mullins, Psychology, B.S.
- Khyati N. Patel, Computer Science/Software Engineering, B.S.
- Quinton J. Powell, Physical Education, Teacher Education, B.S.
- Lisa M. Schnoor, Clinical Laboratory Sciences, B.S.
- Erika Schott, Mathematics, B.S.
- Elisey A. Shcherbina, Chemistry/Biochemistry, B.S.
- Branden Sherrell, Computer Engineering, B.S.
- April R. Simmers, Biology Pre-Professional, B.S.
- Lauren F. Barnes, Chemistry
- Lu Wang, Nursing
Kugelman Honors Program
- Jini L. Curry, Chemistry/Biochemistry, B.S.
President's Award for Leadership in Diversity
- Musaed Alajaji, Finance, B.S.B.A.
- Karen Molek, Chemistry, College of Science, Engineering and Health
President's Honor Roll
Please refer to the 2015 Honors Convocation Program (beginning on page 8) for a complete listing of names.
Richard and Sandra Berg Scholar Athlete Awards
- Jamie McDonald, Community Health Education, B.S. - Women's Swimming and Diving
- Carlos Moura, Global Economics and Finance, B.S.B.A. - Men's Tennis
Student Government Association Distinguished Teaching Awards
- Daniel Durkin, Social Work, College of Education and Professional Studies
- Shannon Holst, English and World Languages, College of Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities
- Stephen Snyder, Management and MIS, College of Business
- Erica Taylor, Biology, College of Science, Engineering and Health
Who's Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges
Please refer to the 2015 Honors Convocation Program (page 2) for a complete listing of names.