Academic Affairs Staff Development Council (AASDC)
The AASDC was created to advocate, promote, improve, and support administrative staff in the Division of Academic Affairs.
The purpose of the Academic Affairs Staff Development Council (AASDC) is to advocate, promote, improve, and support administrative staff in the Division of Academic Affairs. The focus is to improve and streamline administrative processes in the division. Members also develop and sponsor activities and opportunities for staff to learn, share and support each other. The council stimulates communication, builds camaraderie and boosts inter-office connections.
The council is led by the HUB, an advisory group providing leadership to the AASDC. It is comprised of the Executive Assistants from the Office of the Provost and the Senior Administrative Specialists from the offices of the Deans.
At this time AASDC committee members include administrative staff from the Office of the Provost, Division of Academic Affairs, Office of the President and Offices of the Vice Presidents including Human Resources.
The council meets on the second Monday of the month from 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. Due to schedules, it is periodically moved to the third Monday of the month.
- Advocate and support growth and development for university administrative staff within the Division of Academic Affairs.
- Expand and improve divisional communications and relationships.
- Actively endeavor to improve the quality of the workplace and promote an enhanced work environment for administrative staff.
- Share ideas.
- Review, revise and develop streamlined procedures to ensure university and divisional administrative functions are handled efficiently and effectively;
- Address and resolve administrative procedure issues, problems and challenges.
For more information about the Academic Affairs Staff Development Council (AASDC), please contact: